I was looking for an one pan dish to really wow my family. Something healthy,
but full of flavor. I stumbled upon this paleo recipe at http://www.paleonewbie.com and had to make something similar!
I love Mediterranean type cooking for it’s healthy fats, warm spices and savory flavors. Anytime I get the chance I want to sprinkle italian spices on my cooking!!
This recipe is fairly simple and can be made in one large pan depending on how much you want to make or if you buy pre cooked chicken vs. my favorite – organic chicken thighs.
You basically just throw everything into the pan, one at a time! I find trying to use too many pans and cooking utensil is useless. If you can make eating healthy easy, convenient and time saving thats where you are going to stay!!
First you have to chop up all your goodies. This is probably the part people don’t love, but once it is done it’s all down hill easy! In fact, if you chop up twice as much of everything, you can use one half of it in this recipe and keep the other pre chopped ingredients stored in the fridge for lunch and dinners all week!
Once everything is chopped up, heat the pan with a little oil and start throwing things in in the right order!
Eventually, you’ll have this amazing dish to look forward to:) left overs are even better if you ask me!!!!
Have a wonderful nourishing dinner with this recipe! BONUS at the bottom – how I make my low carb (paleo and vegan) cauliflower rice!
- 1/2 - red onion - sliced
- 3 - cloves of garlic - chopped
- 8 oz - mushrooms - sliced
- 8 oz - artichoke hearts without liquid
- 1/2 cup - sun dried tomatoes - chopped
- 1/3 cup - black olives - sliced
- 3 cups - spinach
- 3 tbsp - olive oil
- 1 tbsp - balsamic vinegar
- 1- 2 tbsp - parsley - fresh or dried
- 1- 2 tbsp - oregano or italian spice blend
- 1tsp - cumin
- 1/2 cup - fresh basil - chopped
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 chicken thigh per person - (4-6) (cook in a pan with salt, pepper and oil until cooked through or bake at 350 for about 25-35 minutes)
- optional: cauliflower and curry for low carb rice (separate pan/ dish)
- Add some of the olive oil into a skillet and heat, adding the onions then garlic for 4 minutes over medium
- Add the mushrooms in to the pan and cook until the mushrooms garlic and onions are browned (about 7 minutes) add salt and pepper
- Add a little more of the olive oil and balsamic followed by the tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes olives and artichoke hearts then top with the dry spices
- After 3 or so minutes add the already cooked chicken, half the basil and spinach. Taste test and see what spices it needs more of.
- Optional - Chop cauliflower florets off stem, chop them up and throw into the blender until rice like consistency is reached. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, toss the cauliflower rice in afterward then season with salt, pepper, curry and cumin. It should only need 2-5 minutes to heat. Any longer and it turns to mush.
- Enjoy this dish with the cauliflower rice recipe above or brown/ wild rice cooked before hand!