I have been slowly but surely perfecting this recipe over time. It’s not easy to make good cookies that do not have eggs in them let alone are Paleo! Especially these days I am so busy it’s hard to pump out recipes each week.
Why so busy these days? Because this blogger has transitioned to a Holistic Health Coach! That’s right! Went to school for it an everything. Not that school qualifies me or doesn’t… That’s for another post.
Why the transition?
Well as much as I LOVE cooking and still do each day, allergy friendly recipes were only just the start of the impact I want to have in the world.
For those that don’t know me I was very sick. you can read my about me to learn more, but this sickness turned into one of the greatest blessings I have received in my life. Now I not only have learned how to cook healthy and delicious food but also what it takes to help others heal and loose weight.
Anyway… let’s get to those cookies.
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of sea salt - medium grind
- 1/4 maple syrup
- 1 heaping tbsp of coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips - I use organic 75% - 85% dark chocolate from green and black chopped up, you can use whatever you like:)
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- Mix all the dry ingredients thoroughly, then add the wet in. Mix well. Add chocolate chips/ chunks in last.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease the sheet
- Plop patter onto the sheet once it is mixed well. You should have enough to may 10 cookies. Evenly space them
- Once the oven is read, leave the cookies in for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Let sit for a moment to cool and enjoy them with Unsweetened cashew milk! (Personal favorite hehe)
The recipe can easily be doubled!
Shift baking soda based on your elevation
This recipe also makes an amazing pizzookie as well. Use a pie dish and fill it with the dough, bake for 10-11 minutes.