I used to LOOOOOVE that low fat activia yogurt. I would eat it almost every day, believing it was so healthy.
Later in life I found out low fat was not actually that healthy… and that I was allergic to dairy. Go figure.
Fast forward to now, I still long for that yogurt flavor in recipes and even just by itself.
I have tried to make coconut yogurt, but that recipe is still in the works, and the coconut yogurt in the store has a few too many ingredients in it for my liking.
Recently I found something new… Cashew yogurt!!!
I LOVE IT… LIKE SO MUCH…
It has only two ingredients in it minus all the bacteria strains added to make it yogurt in the first place.
I started by eating it with a little stevia, cinnamon and berries but gradually it evolved into adding a whole bunch of super foods in for a power packed snack.
Thus was born POWER BOWLS!
Other than loving yogurt, I also was looking for a snack that boosted my energy. Between coaching clients, creating content and adding other workout plans into the mix, it’s easy to fall into that afternoon dip. Fortunately with my lifestyle, exercise and sleep habits, I don’t have it most days, but this snack still picks me up for sure!
This recipe below is my personal favorite (coined the super energy) but you can add whatever you like into your yogurt. The brand I use is HERE. Oh and make sure you always go for full fat, no low fat and unsweetened. 🙂
I’ll show ya how make my recipe:)
First I set out all my ingredients. This is just for this bowl, more recipes to come.
Next I fill my bowl with my yogurt of choice, which today is Cashewgurt <3
I fill the bowl with a cup of the stuff.
Then I add my protein of choice, which happens to be these organic hemp seeds from NUTIVIA.
Next up is a super green powder. I like these two pretty well but am always experimenting! I know that the Amazing Meal brand has an awesome one I give to my clients.
Next up is Gaia’s organic maca!!!! Gaia literally runs my hormones lol. I take their adaptogen supplement too!
Let us not forget our chocolate…. because it really is a super food!! These cacao nibs from Navitas are a little sweet so I don’t use a ton. It gives the bowl that crunch I crave.
And more chocolate… heheh. Thanks sprouts!
Then I chop up a little apple to throw on there. Frozen berries are also awesome.
- Yogurt of choice - 1 cup+
- Hemp seeds, flax or chia seeds - 3+ TBSP
- Spirulina 1TBSP
- Maca - 1/2 - 1 TBSP
- Green mix -
- Coco nibs - 1 TBSP
- Coco powder - 1 TBSP
- Coconut flakes - 1 TBSP
- Berries or apples - 1/8-1 cup
- Cinnamon - a lil’ sprinkle
- Get a medium sized bowl, fill with your yogurt.
- Next add in your protein (hemp pictured) and sprinkle a thin line across the yogurt
- Next Sprinkle a thin line of the spirulina next to the protein, and copy this same process with all of the ingredients minus the fruit.
- Chop apples if needed, or if choosing berries leave the way they are. Spread the fruit either on the side of the bowl (pictured) or in a design that looks Instagram worthy!
- Finally, after you have taken a picture for Instagram (#powerbowls @chloegirl @thefreedomdigest) mix and eat!!!