Imagine having a 15 minute dinner that is:
Bacon and avocado filled
And something your husband will finish off for you (hooray to no left overs!!)
It’s extremely simple yet you could probably find it at a restaurant.
All you need is
-Radishes (heaping cup or 2 cups)
-Garlic 2 tbsp minced
-Handful sunflower seeds raw
-Brussle sprouts (halved and trimmed ends)
-3/4-1 cup veg broth
-2 splashes (1/3 cup) balsamic vinegar
-Garlic powder and garlic salt garlic salt (1 tsp each or eyeball like myself 😉
Olive oil 2tbsp
Bacon (4 slices) chopped
Avocado (1) cubed
found a similar recipe at:
Which by the way is SUCH a cute (and helpful blog) to check out!
First thing is first:
1. Throw the radishes, garlic, garlic salt, sunflower seeds in the sauce pan with the bacon grease
2. Allow to cook for 3-5 minutes on a high setting until it’s been roasted (seeds) and the radishes start to become somewhat translucent.
3. Then throw in the halved brussel sprouts, the vegetable broth, balsamic vinegar, a little salt and pepper, olive oil and cumin (pretend you are a pro chef adding all these yummy, nutritious and beautiful ingredients into your sauce pan with delight:)
4. I let mine cook for about 5-7 minutes on high stirring everything in ever so often. The whole time I cooked it, I left the pan’s lid on to keep from drying out and locking the moisture in the dish.
5. Here come’s the most exciting part (at least for me).
BACON AND AVOCADO!!!
Then that perfect avocado. Choose one that is not to hard, nor too soft. perfect to the touch squishing only a tad. You want it a little firm but also ripe. It’s an acquired skill and a “luck of the draw” at times. Just use a spoon to scoop it out of the shell, and then turn it over and cube both halves.
6. Oh my, guess what time it is? Mix it up thyme:) (just kidding no thyme in this recipe, bad joke…)