If you cook… most likely you enjoy it and do it often. Thus, if you are not afraid to fail then you can build upon your recipes and make them better! My goal is to make delicious meals and baked good’s that are as good, if not better than unhealthy, allergy laden food that many of you cannot eat (such a s myself).
Anyway to the recipe.
As a side note:
1. I cannot eat eggs, so I have been developing different way’s of making a faux egg replacer that gives the same texture and outcome of and egg… I think this one is really great.
2. In some paleo communities, tapioca flour is too starchy to be considered paleo. I say I’m a rebel and I do what I want… And it’s ok to treat yourself sometimes if it is delicious:)
PALEO/ VEGAN PIZZA CRUST
- 1 cup of tapioca/ almond flour mixture (3/4 tapioca flour, 1/4 almond flour)
- 1Tbsp flax + 1Tbsp chia seed’s + 1Tbsp egg replacer (i Use Ener-G) mixed with 3 parts water (so for ever Tbsp add 3 tbsp of water (9 total) – let sit for 5-10 minutes
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp coconut flour (leave the 2 Tbsp until the end)
- 1/2 cup almond milk + 2 Tbsp coconut oil (heated in oven) don’t use a microwave those are scary….
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar + 1 Tbsp baking powder (mix together then add)
- tsp salt!
- Optional: add italian spices and or whatever you want the crust to taste like (I added basil, oregano and pepper).
So this is very easy- preheat oven to 500 and while it’s heating up put the milk and coconut oil together in a cup in the oven for a few minutes while they warm.
Then, milk the faux egg mixture together and set aside while you mix the other things.
Mix all the flours together in a bowl, add the apple cider vinegar and baking powder mixture in (it will bubble!)
Add the Faux egg, and the milk/ oil mixture in once both are done and mix everything well
Add the 2 Tbsp coconut flour at the end to make the dough less stick to the touch.
Place in a iron skillet, and poke holes in the crust here and there to let the inside cook.
Cook at 500 for 6 minutes then remove
Add toppings and then cook at 500 for 8 more minutes!
I added –
sautéed’ onion’s and garlic
basil chicken chunks
also made a avocado, coconut milk basil mixture to spread on the top…. mhhhhh:)
If you are not paleo or allergic…. ADD CHEESE because it will make your pizza YUMMM.
Also, this deep dish pizza can hold some topping’s but my combo was a little too heavy. Go lighter on the toppings or at least add things that are less dense and water-y (aka the chicken and tomato’s with no cheese.