Tis the season!
But if we are being honest, pumpkin is pretty awesome and you should eat it year round if you ask me!
There are some great canned varieties or you can take your carved pumpkin guts and can your self. Either way, for these cookies I just used organic canned pumpkin:) Do not use the pumpkin pie mix though!
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin or purée
- 1/4 cup protein powder (I used a vegan chai but you can use vanilla)
- 1/4th cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil or MCT oil
- 1 Tbsp Honey (they are not very sweet so if you like sweet, add more honey or liquid stevia)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1-2 Tbsp dairy free milk (I used 1 Tbsp almond/ cashew) test one see if you need 2.
- 1-2 handfuls chocolate chips!
- Pumpkin spice to taste
- Cookie sheet
- Oil to grease cookie sheet
- Hungry belly
- Mixing bowl and utensil
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix all dry ingredients then add in all of the liquids. Throw chocolate chips in last.
- Make dough into little balls then semi flatten once on the oiled cookie sheet.
- Bake 350° for 20 minutes
- Let cool for at least a minute so you don’t burn your mouth.
- Enjoy with coffee, almond milk or by itself!